We are looking for a dynamic and results-oriented individual who will assist with the maintenance of the main software systems in the company to ensure the continuous running of necessary systems.
Work with a team of IT Officers to:
• Ensure the smooth running of systems with no interruptions covering such areas as connectivity, daily database back-up, and support activities.
• Ensure intra-net, mail and other services are running without interruptions.
• Conduct regional visits to carry out maintenance necessary.
• Assist with the design, implementation, and maintenance of the GCGL network
• Support in any project the unit undertakes.
• Escalate all unresolved challenges according to the units escalation plan
• Send monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on all activities undertaken
• Liaise with online team to improve GCGL online offerings
• Assist web designer to improve security and hosting of GCGL online solutions.
• 1st degree in Computer Science, Information Communications Technology or related field from a reputable tertiary institution plus a minimum of 1-year post qualification experience OR
• HND in Information Communications Technology or related field from a reputable tertiary institution plus a minimum of 2 years post qualification experience
• Certification in the needed competencies will be an advantage
Skills / Competencies Required
• Competency in Operating system software such as Suse Linux, Fedora, Redhat, Windows Family of Operating Systems for Servers and Personal Computers, and macOS
• Competency in the use of Database Management Tools and Databases such as the various flavors of SQL and Oracle and the requisite tools like Discoverer and Toad
• Experience in setting up networks, network management, and configuration of network-based devices
Apply by email