1) Mixing various ingredients to make cocktails and mocktails. Pouring of wine and beer is also necessary.
2) Washing of equipment, barware and glasses after use.
3) Collecting payments and operating the cash register.
4) Serving customers who sit at the bar with food and drinks.
5) Deciding on whether a customer has had too much of alcohol.
6) Cleaning of the work area and the bar counter.
7) Taking orders and serving them to the right customers.
8) Ordering supplies that are required for the bar.
9) Arranging of bottles etc. at the bar to make it look good.
10) Checking to ensure that customers meet the legal age requirements before buying tobacco and alcohol products.
WAITER / WAITRESS
Welcomes customers when they arrive at a restaurant, cafe, or other eating or drinking establishment
Introduces customers to the menu and announces daily or seasonal menu specials
Answers questions about menu items, ingredients, and pricing
Takes customers orders for food and drink by writing them on a ticket, entering them into a tablet, or memorizing them
Passes customer orders along to kitchen staff for preparation
Prepares drinks and serves them to customers
Collects food orders from the kitchen, verifies that they are correct, and serves them to customers
Ensures that customers are satisfied with their meals and processes orders for additional courses if necessary
Removes used dishes, glasses, and flatware from tables
Prepares cheques and delivers them to customers
Processes cash and credit card payments and returns change to customers if necessary
Sets tables with dishes, glasses, and flatware and refills condiments
Maintains familiarity with menu items, specials, and restaurant information
Meets with managers and wait staff daily or regularly in order to learn about menu changes and specials as well as discuss upcoming reservations and customers with special needs
Setting up, cleaning, and organizing work stations
Preparing ingredients for the shift; washing vegetables, chopping, seasoning meat, etc.
Preparing oven, utensils, and grill for shift
Taking orders from wait staff or computerized system
Cooking order according to food health and safety standards
Recommending ideas for specials or seasonal dishes
Handling multiple food orders at one time
Monitoring multiple food orders as new orders arrive
Dressing order for presentation
Ensuring each guest order has the correct food and sides
Delivering food order to wait staff in a timely manner
Storing all food properly
Sanitizing and cleaning work stations and utensils
Reordering stock and food supplies
Monitoring other cooks and team members
Assisting other cooks in preparing food or helping other team members when needed
PRIOR EXPERIENCE IN A SIMILAR ROLE IS KEY
Apply by email